[Geany] mail filetype or replacing vim with geany

Gour gour at xxxxx
Wed Aug 1 06:04:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:40:10 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org>
wrote:

> You mean it reflows the paragraph (^J) but keep the ">" at line
> starts, right?

Exactly.

> No, Geany doesn't currently know there can be stuff that should be
> kept when reflowing.  However I agree that such a feature, if it can
> also work with comments and strings, too, would be very handy :)

:-)

> The easiest way to add this would probably be a plugin providing an
> alternative reflow implementation that takes care of keeping the
> leading ">".

Actually, vim (and Emacs as well, iirc), can reflow paragraph
with nested 'quotes', e.g. "> >".

Providing plugin means hacking in C, right?

> The best implementation would probably be to teach Geany to keep such
> constructs when reflowing (comments, strings, etc.).

Yeah, that wouldbe more 'general' solution.

> About a mail format, I'd think one of the text formatting filetypes
> (txt2tags, REsT, Markdown) knowing ">" for quoting would probably be
> sufficient -- and since they already exists, you wouldn't have to add
> a new one :)

Hmmm...I'm just not sure (just starting with REsT and forgot about the
other two) how they are supposed to handle nested stuff.

> Hehe, Neverland's so close!

:-()

Sincerely,
Gour

--
While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person
develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust