[Geany] ignore.tags and glibc

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Apr 25 12:37:28 UTC 2012

On 23/04/2012 20:56, ohav chochmah wrote:

> Hello,
>

>     When you open the glibc headers in Geany, do the tags show in the symbol
>     list?
>

> yes.

Here when I open string.h, these lines seem to confuse the C tag parser
and no more tags are parsed:

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

Preprocessing would remove these lines however.

>     Can you show the command-line you used to generate the file?
>

> geany -g glibc.c.tags ~/glibc.h  (where glibc.h contains some #defines
> and #includes).
>

>     Also, perhaps try using the -P option when generating tags.
>

> thanks!, that seems to work (I just had to make a header list -via gcc
> -M glibc.h- before).
> I just hope I don't lose anything...

Checking the docs -M says it suppresses warnings. Geany uses 'gcc -E -dD
-p header.h'. Also, gcc errors are not shown to the user - I've fixed
this yesterday in Git. You could try using the above gcc command to see
if this is causing errors.

Also, Geany 0.21 uses -undef, which might cause errors on 64-bit
targets. This is removed in Git.