[Geany] #include "Class.cpp"

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Apr 20 04:46:19 UTC 2012

On 20 April 2012 14:38, sqlpython <sqlpython at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using Debian 7 and 6 with g++ 4.6
>
> Geany is great but I notice when compiling the same code with
> Netbeans 7.xx and C++ plugin
> or
> Eclipse Indigo 3.7 and C++ plugin
>
> The main.cpp file in a project when built with Geany requires the Class.cpp
> files to be listed as
> #include "Class.cpp"
> along with the #include "Class.h" ..or the Build fails..
>  Not so with other IDEs
> WHY??
>  I have tried this in several other Linux installs and the problem is
> same...
> I believe that I should only have to list the Headers as the Class are
> linked in the Headers...No?
> ...Before anyone asks.."All source and headers are in the same Dir"
> Thanks for any help..

Both Eclipsed and Hasbeans create a makefile which also compiles
class.cpp and use that to build.

Geany does exactly what you tell it, so if you just tell it to compile
main thats all it does, it won't compile class.cpp automagically.
When you include class.cpp of course then it is compiled as part of
main..

You can write a makefile yourself and use build->make to re-build
whatever you need.