[Geany] How to add symbols to the Symbol tab

Robert Fekete fekete77.robert at xxxxx
Tue Apr 10 08:14:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am using Geany to edit DocBook XML files, and I find the Symbols tab
very useful, but I have the following questions about it:

- Currently the tab lists only the ID attributes of the <chapter> and
<section> tags. How can I add other tags to this list? Especially
<procedure>, but some others would be useful as well.
- Is it possible to list the symbols by appearance by default?
Currently I have to manually change this setting for every file.
- The symbol tab now shows the sections and chapters in a separate
list, and that way the hierarchy of the tags (the structure of the
file) is lost. It is possible to display the list in a tree?

I am running Geany 1.22 (Tavira) on Ubuntu, built from source, so I
can make minor changes to the code if needed.

Also, thank you very much for everyone involved for developing Geany,
I really love it.

Regards,

Robert