[Geany] Does not re-open a non-UTF-8 file on startup

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 21 23:23:03 UTC 2011

[...]
> FILE_NAME_1=0;Conf;0;16;1;1;0;J:\\QUARTIS\\_dev\\locale\\QrtRes_de.rc;0;4

Thanks Andreas,

The 16 in the line above says that when it closed Geany thought that
the file was UTF-8 encoding, thats why it tried to open it as that.

I guess we better get the obvious one out of the way first :)  Can you
check what Geany thinks the encoding of the file is (document->set
encodings->).

How do you open the file? Do you explicitly set the encoding on open?