[Geany] Does not re-open a non-UTF-8 file on startup

Andreas Tscharner andy at xxxxx
Fri Oct 21 08:01:47 UTC 2011

Hello World,

I noticed an annoying behavior (could be since new version 0.21):

I have 3 files open when I quit geany. Two are UTF-8 encoded, one is CP1252.

If I reopen geany, the two UTF-8 files get loaded as expected, but the
CP1252 file does not. Instead I get the following messages in the status
window (translated from german):

The File "J:\QUARTIS\_dev\locale\QrtRes_de.rc" is not a valid UTF-8.
One or more file(s) from the last session could not be loaded.

It re-opened all files until recently, so I suspect it's because of the
new version.

Note: I cannot change the encoding to UTF-8.

Is this the expected behavior? Did I mis-configure something?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
--

Andreas Tscharner   andy at vis.ethz.ch   ICQ-No. 14356454