[Geany] Help with Spell Check on Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 21:39:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:14:01 -0700, Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Using Geany on Windows XP. I can't get the spell check plugin to work.
>I go into preferences, configure plugins and the spell check tab.
>Language to use for spell check drop down has no entrees. In directory
>to look for dictionary files select, I try to browse to program
>files/geany/ and try any directory  that seems like it would work esp.
>if it says "enchant" but I get an error popup. I have aspell installed
>if that's relevant. Any help appreciated. WinXP Geany 0.20.

You need to specify a directory containing dictionary files. IIRC, on
Windows, currently on MySpell files are supported in the configured
directory.
I can't go into much detail as I don't have a Windows system at hand.
I'll try to look again in a few days.