[Geany] Setting View -> Editor -> Color doesn't save

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 06:46:50 UTC 2011

On 11-10-18 10:46 PM, Noah Goodrich wrote:
> I cleared the folders and ran the ./install file which created fresh
> copies of the files in ~/.config/geany/filedefs and colorschemes.
>
> Here is the output from the file:
>

> 23:43:15: Gtk WARNING : Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
> "pixmap",
> 23:43:15: Gtk WARNING : Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
> "pixmap",
> 23:43:15: Gtk WARNING : Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
> "pixmap",
> 23:43:15: Gtk WARNING : Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
> "pixmap",

This stuff should be unrelated to the problem but I think you need to
install a theme engine package, which IIRC is called gtk2-engines-pixbuf
on Ubuntu/Debian.

> 23:43:16: LIBDBUSMENU-GTK CRITICAL : watch_submenu: assertion
> `GTK_IS_MENU_SHELL(menu)' failed

Not sure what this is?  It's not from Geany I don't think.  Are you
using Global Menu or something like this?

There seems to be a related bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdbusmenu/+bug/733918

Cheers,
Matthew Brush