[Geany] code completion - limit the scope

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 01:03:51 UTC 2011

On 19 October 2011 11:37, Sean Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to limit the scope of the code completion? It's being
> a little too helpful and I find myself referencing methods of some
> class somewhere unrelated to my project, then having to go back and
> delete.
>
> Also, I'm finding that when I've got a code completion suggestion
> going, it's difficult to make it go away. I'd like to be able to use
> the navigation keys to escape the code completion, for example the
> 'end' key. Imho only the tab should execute a code completion
> suggestion... but maybe I'm being naive, I haven't used a lot of
> different ides.
>
> Coding in Python btw.

Hi Sean,

I agree with you, but since Python isn't static scope limitation won't
work, we don't know what class a symbol is.

When you say "Imho only the tab should execute a code completion
suggestion" I presume you don't want return to do so.  Unfortunately
that is hard to prevent because its defined deep in GTK.