[Geany] Installing Geany .21 on Ubuntu 11.10

Noah Goodrich goodrich.noah at xxxxx
Tue Oct 18 12:35:56 UTC 2011

When I try to run ./configure to begin the process of installing Geany 0.21
on a clean install of Ubuntu 11.10, I get the following error:

Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.12 glib-2.0 >= 2.16 gio-2.0 >= 2.16)
were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'glib-2.0' found
No package 'gio-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

However when I look to install these packages, it looks like everything is
there.

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to get past this error?

--
Noah Goodrich

Cell: 801.369.9160
Email: goodrich.noah at gmail.com