[Geany] geany regexp replace

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Oct 1 10:43:26 UTC 2011

On 11-10-01 03:02 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:13:24 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>>> I wanted to wait for something to be more complete before announcing
>>> the wiki to the world, I guess it was the color schemes section. But
>>> Matthew added some content some weeks ago, so I don't remember any
>>> blockers right now.
>>>

>> I wonder if it would be good to also add a mention of geany-themes on
>> the Extras webpage on geany.org like we talked about before.  The
>> reason I mention it is because someone on IRC was working hard on a
>> really nice theme that was using the legacy filedefs and it seems like
>> a big time waste for people to think the old painful way is the only
>> (or even recommended) way (not using named styles/style group copying).
>>
>> IMO, if Geany is going to ship the next release with the old
>> incomplete fildefs, at least we could make the fixed ones as visible
>> as possible for when people look around for how complete the shipped
>> filedefs to use named styles/style group copying as described in the
>> manual.
>
> I agree.
> Would you mind writing some text for the Extras page?

You could just selectively copy and paste some text from the wiki page.
Alternatively, all of the contents of the Extras page could be moved to
the wiki and obsolete information could be pruned during the transfer.

> If nobody objects, I could create a Wiki account for you
> as well.

I might be willing to transfer the Extras page to the wiki and having an
account (or even just access to the markup used) for the main site wiki
would probably be helpful in doing this.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush