[Geany] Geany broken on Windows with GTK+ 2.24.8

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Nov 28 12:53:58 UTC 2011

Hello,

I just updated GTK+ to the lastest (and supposedly best ever) gtk for
windows.

Unfortunately, Geany doesn't work with it (worked fine with 2.24.0 which
was previously installed). It starts up, but exits before the UI is shown.

Geany -v is show a lot of 'assertion failed' messages (redirecting
stdout/err doesnt work because geany -v opens another window for debug
output). I can't paste it somewhere because the debug window is closing
shortly after appearing.

I hope it can be fixed. I sort of depend on Geany at work :(

Best regards.