[Geany] (un)comment problem in *.html file

Gour gour at xxxxx
Mon Nov 28 10:03:29 UTC 2011

Hello!

I'm evaluating Geany to replace present modest usage of (G)Vim for our
upcoming D project and some PHP (possibly some Python) coding.

Yesterday I saw a video aboout new version of Bluefish and its
context-sensitive (un)commenting and see that Geany is lacking here...

Let's say we have simple *.html file with the following snippet:

{{extend 'layout.html'}}
<script><!--
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  jQuery("table.sortable tbody tr").mouseover( function() {
     jQuery(this).addClass("highlight"); }).mouseout( function() {
     jQuery(this).removeClass("highlight"); });
  jQuery('table.sortable tbody tr:odd').addClass('odd');
  jQuery('table.sortable tbody tr:even').addClass('even');
});
//--></script>

(it's simple view from web2py project)

If I select part of the

jQuery(document).ready(function(){

line and select format --> comment, I get:

<!--
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
-->

The main problem appears if I want to uncomment this line, iow selecting
part of the

jQuery(document).ready(function(){

line does not remove comment around line?

Is it due the fact that Geany does not recognize there could be
different styles of comments within single file which is very prominent
in *.html files combining HTML/CSS/JS ?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body,
from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes