[Geany] External terminal in Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 12 14:18:39 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 12:35:32 +0000 (UTC), Piotr wrote:

Hi,

>Hi, I have a question about the external terminal in Geany. When you
>start your compiled program, and it is complete, the terminal does not
>finish immediately, but waits for pressing the "return". How is this
>done exactly? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Geany creates a little shell script on the fly to execute the command
and wait for user input. The shel script is very simple, see it
attached to this mail.

The script is created in the same directory as the executable which
should be called and the script deletes itself immediately after
executing, so in general you should never see it (and more importantly
it should not exist anymore after the command is executed).