[Geany] Question about Line Breaking option's behaviour

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 31 23:49:54 UTC 2011

On 1 June 2011 07:45, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have written a small piece for newsletter volume 3 about Geany's
> Line Breaking and Line Wrapping options and have a question. From my
> testing of Line Breaking it seems that with this option enabled, line
> breaking only occurs if you're adding text to the end of the line, not
> in the middle. Is this how the option was designed to behave?

Yes, its line breaking, not re-flow.  Only breaks when the cursor is
past the limit (doesn't have to be end of line, just edit with the
cursor past the limit).

Re-flow of the selection or a paragraph is provided by
edit->format->reflow lines/block usually bound to ctrl-j