[Geany] Wiki?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Tue May 31 22:01:25 UTC 2011

2011/6/1 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 23:42:58 +0200, Enrico wrote:
>
> One addition:
>

>>>Between these two I much prefer the Vector template's layout because:
>>>(1) I think it looks cleaner and more professional;
>>>(2) useful links such as "Printable version" and the Search input box
>>>are clearly visible. The Doogie template has almost none of this, with
>>>the Search input box at the very bottom of the page.
>
> (3) the top navigation tabs can only be changed/configured by editing a
> PHP file, it's not changeable in the wiki itself. The Vector template
> implements the sidebar as a normal wiki page and so it can be edited by
> anyone who is granted to (ACL) not only by the few guys who have access
> to the server's filesystem.
>

> Regards,
> Enrico

Personally I'd consider this a big PLUS in favour of the Vector
template. Requiring someone who might maintain the wiki's layout to
have access to the web server's file system is surely a risk.

In short I really don't like the Doogie template because of the
reasons I've mentioned above, also the fact that the colours used in
the banner/header make it difficult to read, also too bold. The focus
of a wiki should be its content, not a big banner at the top of the
page that looks ugly (IMHO :) ).

--
Russell Dickenson