[Geany] Wiki Images?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri May 27 07:17:10 UTC 2011

On 05/26/11 18:42, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> Just for 5 minutes of Python fun, the guard generation would be better
> with something like this:
>
> 'H_' + ''.join([c if c in 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789' else
> '_' for c in '{filename}'.upper().rstrip('.H')])
>
> advantages:
> * handles any character in the filename (most importantly dashes)
> * use H_ as a prefix rather than a suffix, to avoid possible name
> clashes with error codes (theoretically all uppercase names starting
> with E[A-Z] are reserved for them)

Meh.  A filename choice of 'esrc.h', 'enetunreac.h', 'ehostunreac.h',
etc may provide an entertaining debugging session for the coder
unfortunate enough to use those filenames :)

If you feel strongly against what's on the wiki though, there's always
an 'Edit This Page' button, where you can change it :)

> PS: I'm not sure that this kind of wiki pages are the best, a more
> generic stuff would perhaps be better if we end up with many snippets
> examples, suggestions and stuff. I mean, a page that gives general
> explanation, and an hostile snippets list, maybe with some notes.
> I think it may save some reading time to the user wanting more than one.

The only reason I made a separate page for 'Library Headers' was because
it was a 20-ish line snippet condensed onto one line and I thought it
needed more explanation and a screenshot.

That being said, as above, use the 'Edit this Page' button if you want
to shuffle stuff around and/or remove superfluous text or whatever.

> PPS: maybe we should add some possibilities to support this with file
> templates, maybe providing {NORMALIZED_FILENAME} to allow guards generation?

I'm not sure how that would work with file templates, since the 'real'
filename is unknown at the time it's created, unless I misunderstand.
Maybe better would be to make a litte Add-on plugin: 'Insert Header' or
similar.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush