[Geany] Enable Tasks windows as default?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu May 26 20:36:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 22:32:48 +1000, Lex wrote:

>On 26 May 2011 21:54, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm using geany (0.20) from the ubuntu PPA. After starting geany,
>> the message window is displayed as default. Is there a configuration
>> option to force the tasks windows as start-up default?
>
>IIUC it should startup on the status tab to show the startup messages.
> The tasks tab is provided by a plugin so it may not always be
>present.  So making it a default is potentially difficult.

True.
Another problem would be that another plugin could request to be the
default active page, too. Then it'd depend on the plugin load order.
Not really nice. Geany can't handle this directly as Geany doesn't know
which plugins will be loaded and what they request.
So, basically we would need some infrastructure in Geany to le plugins
register a default page request and then Geany could perform the
request. Though this is quite complex for just setting the default
page :D.

I could add a basic option to the plugin so that it will change the
notebook page to the Tasks page after startup. But it would be just a
better hack and can be easily broken by another plugin which tries the
same and is loaded later...