[Geany] Generating custom tags file in Windows

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue May 24 17:17:31 UTC 2011

On 05/24/11 09:15, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> Looking at the geany documentation, as I understand it, I should be
> able to generate a custom tags file with:
>
> geany -g mingw.c.tags c:\mingw\include
>
> As long as MinGW gcc is in my path (which it is) and grep is available
> (which it is).  Yet when I run this command, I have a command box
> briefly pop-up and no tags file is generated.  Am I missing something?

I've never tried on Windows, but I've used many times on Linux and
always specified a files list (or glob actually).  From the manual:

   geany -g [-P] <Tag File> <File list>

"File list is a list of filenames, each with a full path (unless you are
generating C/C++ tags and have set the CFLAGS environment variable
appropriately)."

Probably try this:

   geany -g mingw.c.tags c:\mingw\include\*.h

Though that might be a weird tags file depending on what's all in that
directory.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush