[Geany] Thanks for Geany newsletter - volume 2

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon May 23 13:58:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 23.05.2011 15:12, schrieb Lex Trotman:
[...]
> Now this isn't going to make sense but it worked for me with
>
> rst2latex  --no-section-numbering --use-latex-toc  newsletter_2.rst news2.tex
>
> No * variants and using geany to run latex gives a pdf with toc.

Lex did sent me the output. The toc really is working but the numbering
for section did not work - as I had before - which is sad on a first view.

BUT:
Inside Lex's version there was the command \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}
which is telling to don't put any section numbering in levels below
level 0 (so complete document). Setting this to 3 is giving a numbered
result -- which is what we were talking about and quiet confusing me.
Also they don't use the *-version of sections commands in this case. A
bug inside rst2latex or just in my brain? Having a look inside man page
(10.04 Ubuntu) its telling me this:

       --section-numbering
              Enable section numbering by Docutils.  (default)

       --no-section-numbering
              Disable section numbering by Docutils.

Maybe I just misunderstood this whole stuff?

Cheers,
Frank