[Geany] Change the color of selected text

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed May 18 01:41:21 UTC 2011

On 05/17/11 18:17, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 18 May 2011 10:27, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>> On 05/17/11 16:53, Lex Trotman wrote:

>>> I don't think filetypes.common applies outside text in the Scintilla
>>> window, the normal dialogs and everything else is GTK theming using
>>> .gtkrc, see the manual for more info.
>>
>> Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I meant the selection colour in Scintilla
>> changes to some light grey colour when it loses focus, maybe only when a
>> modal dialog is opened to steal focus, maybe only when using colour schemes
>> support (or only visible then).

> No, there is an undocumented feature of an additional selection
> background set by SCI_SETADDITIONALSELBACK that is used when the
> selection isn't the main selection, which will be the case when the
> Scintilla window doesn't have focus. Geany does not set this so it is
> probably still default grey.

Thanks so much!  That is great to know!  I wonder if this should be
added to Geany's color scheme code/system as another style or set
automatically to the main selection, assuming it wouldn't interfere with
multiple selection stuff.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush