[Geany] [geany] Tags missing... why?

Eugenio Rustico jfrusciante at xxxxx
Mon May 16 08:40:15 UTC 2011

  Hi,
I don't understand why some symbols are not included in tags. The
strange thing is that there is a .h file that seems to be parsed until
a certain row:
----------------
// CommonData
CommonData* cdata;
// grid pos and size for kernel calls
index_t x_base, blocks_x; // First computational row, number of stripes across
index_t y_base, blocks_y; // First computational column, number of
stripes in line
// number of active cells
unsigned long activeCellcount;
// bounding box of active cells
index_t active_min_i, active_max_i;
----------------
Here we are in the "private" section of a classe. Everything before
*cdata (included) is parsed, and it is recognized when used (i.e. when
I look for "cdata" tag declaration from other sources, it goes exactly
here). The "index_t" type is recognized (it is defined in another
header included here). But starting from x_base to the end of the
file, nothing is recognized anymore: if look for tag declaration, even
when cursor is in the declaration itself, it says "no declaration
found".

Tags are generated (and periodically updated) with
----------------
CFLAGS="-D__GNUC__ -I/usr/local/cuda/include
-I/usr/local/cudasdk/shared/inc/ -I/home/eu/maggpu" \
geany -g $DIR/geany-maggpu.c.tags ~/maggpu/*.h ~/maggpu/*.cuh
~/maggpu/*.c{pp,c,u}

and no error is reported, even with -v and/or -P.

I have no idea where to start debugging. The only clue I have is:
maybe the problem is that the file extension (.h) is supposed to be C
and not C++? But the class declared inside and all its methods are
perfectly recognized.

BTW, if I edit the same project in vim using exuberant-ctags, the tag
is found. I think it is something related with generating tags with
geany -g.

  Eugenio