[Geany] reflow lines

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri May 13 17:18:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've noticed that "Edit --> Format --> Reflow Lines/Block" only seems
to work if the Pref for "Editor tab : Display tab : Long line marker"
is enabled.

It would seem to me that reflow should work as long as the Columns
combo box contains a usable value (since it doesn't get grayed out
when the "Long line marker" checkbox is unchecked).

If the current behavior is what's desired, then when "Long line
marker" is disabled, perhaps it would be useful if -- when the user
tries to reflow -- a message appeared in the Messages pane at the
bottom indicating that it won't work unless Long line marker is
enabled.

Sidenote: I notice that a max column value shows up in 2 separate
places in the Prefs: "Editor tab : Features tab", and also "Editor tab
: Display tab". The one in the Display tab affects reflow behavior.

Thanks,
---John