[Geany] Failed to create tags file

Eugenio Rustico jfrusciante at xxxxx
Thu May 12 08:08:15 UTC 2011

2011/5/10 Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca>:
>> Creating a symlink  /usr/local/share/geany/ ->  /usr/share/geany/
>> solves it, so it's just a wrong path somewhere.
>> I have the same problems (failed to create tags) also adding -P and
>> passing only .h files (not .cuh).
>>
>> What can I do?
>
> I've attached the 'gpusph-1.0.cpp.tags' file I generated from the source
> code here[1] using the above command.  Hopefully that helps.

Thank you. I loaded the tags generated with

CFLAGS="-D__GNUC__ -I/home/eu/simple_sph3d/src
-I/home/eu/simple_sph3d/options/ \
-I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/usr/local/cudasdk/shared/inc/" \
geany -g $DIR/geany-GPUSPH.c.tags ~/simple_sph3d/src/*.h
~/simple_sph3d/src/*.cuh

and the ones you sent. In both cases, only functions are loaded. Some
structs (e.g. SimParams) and variables (e.g. *any* variable of class
ParticleSystem) are not shown. SimParams is declared in src/Options.h.

Is it the default behaviour (just functions)? Shouldn't I see also
variables somewhere?

  Eugenio