[Geany] Snippets - support for variable values in multiple places?

Oliver Marks oliver.marks at xxxxx
Wed May 11 10:09:43 UTC 2011

      * On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 11:10 +1000, Russell Dickenson wrote:
> I wonder if it's possible to insert in multiple places within a
> snippet the same string? For example, I have a snippet which inserts
> some HTML code that refers to an image and I use the description of
> the image in two places within the same snippet. As I understand the
> manual, you insert "%cursor%" anywhere that you want the cursor to
> jump to so that the user can insert text. If I enter a title for an
> image in my example snippet I would prefer to have that also inserted
> elsewhere in the same snippet.

This sounds very useful would be something i would like to see but to expand a bit what about parameters ie %arg1% %arg2% a dialog could then be dynamically generated for the input if needed and the results placed in the generated snippet.

It would also be nice if we could have snippets in the snippet file over
multiple lines because some of mine are very long so it makes it hard to
spot where i need to put in changes.