[Geany] Failed to create tags file

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 10 22:00:10 UTC 2011

On 11 May 2011 06:03, Křištof Želechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
>> ---
>> Geany-INFO: Failed to open /usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.common (No
>> such file or directory)
>> ---
>
> This probably means you failed to install Geany properly.
> Chris

Some distros install Geany in different places.

When compiling (especially for hacking) I use a different prefix so as
to not get things mixed up.

For what its worth my personal method is:

Say the source is in /somepath/trunk

Then I build with --prefix=somepath, so all files are installed within
somepath, and no system privileges are needed to install, so I *can't*
overwrite the system stuff.

Run geany from somepath/bin using ,/geany -c ../config and all user
configuration is saved in somepath/config and won't overwrite stuff in
your home directory.

Some care is needed to build plugins to use the same prefix, but waf works.

As to your tags problem, possibly the tagmanager doesn't understand
what a CUDA file is and so doesn't know how to get tags from it.  Did
you set the tagparser in your filetype file?