[Geany] Failed to create tags file

Eugenio Rustico jfrusciante at xxxxx
Tue May 10 17:15:31 UTC 2011

  Hi,
I'm trying to generate tags for a complex project (mixed C++/CUDA). I
ended up needing such command to satisfy headers' dependencies:

LANG=C CFLAGS="-I/home/eu/simple_sph3d/src -I/home/eu/simple_sph3d/options \
-I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/usr/local/cudasdk/shared/inc/ -D__GNUC__" \
geany -v -g $DIR/geany-GPUSPH.c.tags ~/simple_sph3d/src/*.{h,cuh}

Problem 1: output is

---
[some GTK stuff]
Geany-INFO: Added filetype CUDA (52).
Geany-INFO: Generating C tags file.
Failed to create tags file, perhaps because no tags were found.
---

Problem 2: I compiled sources and put some printf to check what goes
wrong in tm_workspace_create_global_tags (from a quick look on the
code, I guessed this returns false, right?). I couldn't find out the
problem, but I get an additional error (I don't have it with the
precompiled version):

---
Geany-INFO: Failed to open /usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.common (No
such file or directory)
---

Creating a symlink  /usr/local/share/geany/ -> /usr/share/geany/
solves it, so it's just a wrong path somewhere.
I have the same problems (failed to create tags) also adding -P and
passing only .h files (not .cuh).

What can I do?

  Eugenio