[Geany] Bunch of feature requests...

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 10 13:16:20 UTC 2011

> A quick thought maybe plugins being browsed and installed via the
> plugin manager would give greater access to user contributed and
> developer contributed content.

The plugin manager doesn't install anything, it just selects which
plugins are loaded into Geany and lets you set their preferences.  It
can see all plugins that are installed.

A plugin browser that looked over the network (say like Firefox)
requires all plugins to be in the same place.  That is not the case,
because plugins can be provided by external sources.
To try to get some consistency, a plugins package has recently been
created to group some of them, but not all developers can or wish to
meet the requirements or schedules for that package so their plugins
are not part of the package.  The Geany website points to the plugins
website that tries to keep track of all the plugins we know of.  All
the plugins I referred to before are part of the Geany-plugins
package.