[Geany] Bunch of feature requests...

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at xxxxx
Tue May 10 10:42:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> what do you define as "project management"?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Lex
>>>

>> Project file and source files language libraries and spec file for
>> rake junit for testing etc.
>
> Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean, all I can get from
> that is that you want to use the specific applications rake and junit.
>
> For rake you can simply re-configure the Make build items to use rake
> commands, and one of them to run the java ... command needed to run
> junit.
>
> You clearly have something in mind, can you expand on it please.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

The best thing about geany is that it is powerful because it is simple
intuitive and just works.

The closest parallel I can think of is eproject and ecb from emacs.

A project should be a directory with a collection of files that you
are managing.

So if I had a project called "new_Project"

new_Project
      Source_Files
          main.rb
          does_Something.rb
          Something.rhtml
     (Optional)
     Spec files(Project Specific) - you have acknlowledged above.
      Junit/Rake files etc

Sayth