[Geany] Bunch of feature requests...

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon May 9 23:59:02 UTC 2011

Le 10/05/2011 01:39, Lex Trotman a écrit :
> On 10 May 2011 09:21, Eugenio Rustico <jfrusciante at tiscali.it> wrote:
> [...]
>> But the LANG env check *is* integrated in geany... :) It is just a bit
>> more tricky than i.e. a command line parameter.
>> Maybe uninstalling a language? Moving a file?

Yeah, if you want to can remove .mo files (even though I'm not convinced
is a clean solution), they are the translations.
Look into $prefix/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/geany.mo

> Providing that the set_locale( LC_ALL, "" ) call is the only place I
> don't think it would be too hard to replace "" with a command line
> value if its present.  But I don't know if thats all that is needed?

Not sure it'd be really easy to do, since IIRC we set locale before
parsing arguments to let e.g. --help be translated.
And again, I'm not sure there's much use case for this... if one wants
all hes app use the C locale, just set the system locale.