[Geany] Bunch of feature requests...

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Mon May 9 23:41:03 UTC 2011

Eugenio Rustico wrote:

>[...]
>* is it easy to implement a "reload all" function (useful especially
>when working with a versioning system and multiple files change)?

If you're working with an open (standard -- session) project, just close
the project and reopen it.

>[...]
>* a "project" in geany is just a session, am I right? Is there any way
>to have a project with many files while having just a subset open?

Look at one of the project plugins.

>[...]
>* a predefined context action for a file or selection could be sending
>the text to a pastebin; there are scripts that do it automatically for
>sprunge (maybe also for pastebin), i.e.  "$ filename > sprunge"

Set up a script and add it to custom commands:

http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands
( http://tinyurl.com/3weawvw )

You can also bind a keystroke to each of the first three custom
commands.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"