[Geany] Specified compiler in custom filetype doesn't work

Eugenio Rustico jfrusciante at xxxxx
Sun May 8 08:58:36 UTC 2011

Ok guys, I'm sorry this little "flame" started somehow from my request
for a clearer documentation. Hopefully, I found a concrete suggestion
by rethinking aboud my impact with filedefs.

I read the docs more deeply, and after the explanation of Lex's it
seems to me everything is explained. I think I understand what
confused me at the beginning: the fact that I copied the cpp filedef,
replaced the word "g++" with "nvcc" and didn't see nvcc anywhere in
geany.

So, a little improvement may be to specify inside the filedef that the
[build_settings] is somehow obsolete. One that does not read fully
documentation, or that reads the documentation after a practical trial
(shame on me), will change the compiler command and will see no effect
at all.

My 2 cents

  Cheers
  Eugenio

PS: little offtopic but quick: is it planned to detect when multiple
files are changed on disk? When I work with a versioning system, and
all files of my project change, it is a bit annoying to have one
confirmation dialog for each single file (and cancel button having
focus by default)...