[Geany] Specified compiler in custom filetype doesn't work

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at xxxxx
Sun May 8 01:37:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, 8 May 2011, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 7 May 2011 23:48, Eugenio Rustico <jfrusciante at tiscali.it> wrote:
> > 2011/5/7 Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> No commands set in the filetype files in either [build_settings] or
> >> [build_menu] affect the filetype independent commands.
> >>

> >> By default the compile command is the first filetype command, which is
> >> what you have defined with the [build_menu] settings saved above.  In
> >> the C filetype that is also the case even though the system filetype.c
> >> uses the old [build_settings], so the shortcut will be the same, by
> >> default F8.
> >
> > Ok, thank you, it's much clearer now. May I suggest you to be such
> > clear also in documentation? :)
>
> Writing documentation about something one understands for people who
> don't understand is difficult, one doesn't know what they don't
> understand, so patches are welcome.

Well what do you think that documentation is for - if not to teach. No
bloody use in writing documentation for an audience that already know
the product, is there? When you write documentation, you always assume
that the reader knows nothing about your product! If that's true, the
reader will thank you! If it's not the reader will scan the document
until he finds something of interest, or leave it alone altogether.

--
Duke