[Geany] Column mode editing (rectangular / block selections)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Mar 31 17:59:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:19:47 -0600, Steven wrote:

Hi,

sorry for the very late reply.

>This is my first post to the list so I want to say hello and thanks for
>a great editor.  I love Geany because it's light and fast and does
>everything I need, thanks again for the great work.

Thanks :).

>I am currently running "Vellam" 0.19.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 and I can no
>longer use the keyboard for Column Mode editing.  I rarely use the
>mouse so, although the Shift-Ctrl-Click does work, it is much slower
>than the old Shift-Alt-Arrow that actually worked perfectly before my
>last Geany upgrade.
>
>Is it possible to still use the keyboard for Column Mode editing?

for me it still works with Alt-Shift-Arrow, with the current SVN
version.

Maybe another component on your system, e.g. the window manager, eats
this keybinding and so Geany doesn't even get it?

Otherwise I'm not sure what could be wrong.