[Geany] how to change syntax highlighting color for multiline comment block

Matthew Brush matthewbrush at xxxxx
Thu Mar 10 01:27:41 UTC 2011

On 03/09/11 08:30, luca at email.com wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I succeeded in installing set_geany_colors tool and change the syntax
> highlighting color of geany
> in a satisfying way according to my taste except multiline comment blocks
>
> example
> <<COMMENT
> this is
> a multiline comment block
> hello world!
> COMMENT

What language is that?  Styles are language dependent, or at least they
were until named styles support was added.  It kind of looks like a
'here doc' from Perl/shell to my naive eyes.  If it's perl, maybe try
here_q/qq/qx style or something, although I'm not sure what that
translates too in the set_geany_colors tool.

> this will be highlighted in violet on violet/light-gray background
> I cannot find how to change this.
>
> Even changing the colorscheme by loading any other conf file using
> set_geany_colors
> Any color will change but not this one.

You'll have to poke around in the filetypes.* files I guess if you're
not using the named styles support.

> Which is the key to add / change?
> I took a look at the manual without luck!

Did you try geany-themes?  It's at least as easy as set_geany_colors,
supports every language Geany supports, has many more pre-made themes,
including all existing themes listed on the Geany Extras page (and even
1 or 2 from set_geany_colors), and is being actively maintained.

If I'm not mistaken, set_geany_colors basically did what named
styles/Colorschemes do now.  I think set_geany_colors filled a need that
existed previously, judging by the first sentence of the overview "Geany
itself currently has no concept of a 'colorscheme', per se.".  It does
now, might as well use it.