[Geany] Bug in template {filename} evaluation ?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Mar 8 19:10:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:54:03 -0600, Len wrote:

>I don't know if this is the place to talk about possible bugs in a
>nightly build. If not, please direct me to the proper place.

Sure, sure.

>Geany 0.21 "Gromia", built Feb 25 2011, RHEL6, Xfce 4.6
>
>When saving a new file created from a template, the expansion of
>{filename} in the header doesn't always accurately reflect the
>filename used when saving. For example in the following tests you can
>see where some of the {filename} wildcards expanded with an extra
>extension appended to the filename. Then again, I could be doing
>something wrong... ?

Hmm, how did you install the nightly build?
Maybe there are some old files in the installation
($prefix/share/geany)?

Or in your config something old is left (~/.config/geany)?

Otherwise, I don't know yet what's wrong, I can't reproduce it.