[Geany] Welcome a new Geany developer: Colomban Wendling

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Wed Mar 2 21:33:54 UTC 2011

2011/3/3 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> Hi all,
>
> we have great news today:
>
> The Geany developer team got a new member: Colomban Wendling.
>
> Please welcome him!
>
> Some of you might have noticed things didn't
> go as fast in the past weeks in Geany's development
> as they should have been. This is mostly because me and Nick currently
> don't have as much spare time as we want or other problems keeping us
> away from Geany development.

"things didn't go as fast as they should have been."

Except for those people who are generally inconsiderate, no-one
expects an open source project to progress quickly. Many of them do,
which always amazes me. I wonder where people find the spare time to
do all that they do.

> The more happy we are, Colomban joined the Geany development team and
> so hopefully, development will go faster again and you can enjoy new
> features, new bugs, er, bug fixes and an overall better experience when
> using Geany :D.

This is great news. I hope it eases the pressure that the existing
developers feel, maybe even brings some new ideas. Congratulations,
Colomban.

--
Russell Dickenson