[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed Jun 29 16:25:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 21:44:41 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 19:52, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:28:12 +0200
> >
> > There was also talk about storing each filename as both relative and
> > absolute, and try to open the relative first. I thought that was
> > implemented, but don't see it anywhere.
>
> This is a part of my not-yet-reviewed patches.

Filenames like "../../../../../../usr/share/doc/libpng/examples.c"
are something I woudn't like to see. If someone can convince the
leading developers (except for the missing Nick) on a three-state per
project option "Store filenames as: Always absolute / Relative if under
the project directory / Relative if under the project file directory",
I'll implement it, and believe it'll be shorter and more compatible.
No offence.

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:17:47 +0200
Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:

> There shouldn't _be_ any files not under the project dir [...]

That doesn't mean you shoudn't be able to open a file outside the
project directory, and AFAIK, no IDE with such limitation exists.
So the project organization discussion is irrelevant.

--
E-gards: Jimmy