[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Jun 28 23:39:43 UTC 2011

On 06/28/11 11:17, Stephan Beal wrote:

> done. Use the project file's directory as the root and simply strip that
> part from all paths in the project file. Project files are, almost
> without exception, stored in the top level of the source tree. If
> they're not, they should be. It's just good manners and its where new
> project members/casual viewers expect to find them. Just like the
> 'configure' script and makefile.

Myself, I keep all of my Geany project files in a top-level ~/Projects
directory and below that a sub-directory for each project's source tree.
  I also add 'configure' and 'Makefile's to my VCS ignore file as to not
check them in (assuming they're auto-generated by Autotools or whatever).

 From my observations, it's quite rare to see developers' personal
"project files" in a project's source tree or checked into VCS.  Even a
Geany-specific project like geany-plugins doesn't contain a single
project file in its repository (from a quick `find' for *.geany).

My $0.02

Cheers,
Matthew Brush