[Geany] VC on Windows

Murray Collingwood murray at xxxxx
Fri Jun 10 00:58:01 UTC 2011

Hi again

1) Why isn't GeanyVC recognising the git repository.

> It might be more that GeanyVC is not recognizing the Git program you are
> using.  I'm guessing if you can go into the regular Windows Command Prompt
> and use the 'git' command normally, GeanyVC should have no problems.  IIRC
> the Git installer has options to install Git proper and make it findable
> through the Path environment variable.

I reinstalled 'Git' and selected the option 'git available at a windows
command prompt'

I can now open a command prompt window and type 'git' and shows a short help
message.

Back to Geany - check the plugin settings, all the same, try 'Status' and
'Commit'
The message at the bottom of the Geany window is "GeanyVC: s_spawn_sync
error: create process failed"

What do I do with this...???

Cheers
Murray