[Geany] setting geany with intel fortran compiler for ubuntu

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 9 11:04:39 UTC 2011

On 9 June 2011 20:05, Luca de Ruvo <lucaderuvo at hotmail.it> wrote:
> here it is my configuration:
>
> Build->Set Includes and Arguments
>
> compile:  ifort -c "%f"
> built:    ifort "%f" -o "%f"

This should be ifort "%f" -o "%e", you don't want to write the output
file over the input file.

> these are the same commands I use in the command terminal for compiling my
> .f file
>
> error messege:
>
> fortcom: no file or diectory
> ifort: error #10273: Fatal error in fortcom, terminated by 0x64

Thanks for the translation, if this is using the same files in the
same locations as worked with gfortran I'm not sure why it can't find
the file.

> I use Geany 0.18

Thanks for providing the version and previously the operating system.
 To be honest I can't remember how Geany 0.18 decides which directory
to use, this area changed completely in 0.19 and later, but I thought
it was the directory the source file is in.

Ummm, you do have the fortran file open in Geany when compiling don't you?

If so then as Frank said you can run Geany in verbose mode to get more
information.