[Geany] Problem (?) with focus in Geany

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Wed Jun 8 21:01:21 UTC 2011

On 7 June 2011 08:43, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 08:35, Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au> wrote:
>> Russell Dickenson wrote:
>>
>>>I don't know as I have not yet tested it. I will download, compile and
>>>test the SVN version.
>>>
>>>This morning I found that in fact this problem seems to happen even if
>>>I load a file via the menu File > Open > ... but that is also listed
>>>in the Recent Files list.
>>>
>>>Since it's been confirmed that Geany's focus should not behave like
>>>this, should I raise this in the bug tracker instead of leaving it
>>>here in the ML?
>>
>> Why not compile the SVN version and confirm first? The behaviour has
>> been resolved in SVN as far as I can tell. Unless Enrico is keen on
>> gathering statistics, I don't see the point in raising a trac ticket
>> now, if it's been resolved already.
>> --
>> Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
>> "You can't control what you can't measure" - Tom DeMarco
>

> I just wanted to be sure I was following proper protocol. :)
>

> --
> May you always be Frugal,
>
> Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)

I have successfully compiled Geany from SVN and confirmed that the
focus problem is solved when I open a file via the Recent Files list.
However I can't test opening a file in the Recent Files list via File
> Open because the File Browser doesn't show me files, only folders. I
was testing Geany from SVN on a PC with Geany 0.20 already installed
so could this be part of the problem? Am I using the wrong method to
run Geany SVN? I simply navigated to the "src" folder and (under
Linux) entered the command "./geany".

--
Russell Dickenson