[Geany] Moving contents from newsletter.geany.org into the wiki?

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sun Jun 5 14:20:03 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, den 04.06.2011, 11:11 +0200 schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 11:05:29 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:35:52 +0200, Dominic wrote:
>
> > >From my technical and rational point of view: The listing with the
> > >newsletter volumes is generated automatically. The list in the wiki
> > >has to be maintained manually. Well...see my point? ;)
> >
> > Not at all.
> > Making a new newsletter issue is always manual work, this is not an
> > automated process and so I think adding a line which is mostly
> > copy&paste in the wiki, isn't the worst thing ever. Whatever, I'd
> > happy to do this if it seems like a hard task.

My suggestion to handle this:

* have a symlink named index.html pointing to the actual newsletter
* have a page (e.g. newsletters.php) where all newsletters are listed
anyway
* link from the newsletter to the newsletters.php

First two points are already done, so if you visit newsletters.geany.org
now, the newsletter vol 2 is the landing page. The third point still has
to be done, though.

I think the symlink is a quite nice idea here.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D