[Geany] Wiki?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jun 4 02:52:54 UTC 2011

> Naw, it's bad enough having some pages not take up the full available screen
> space let alone all of them.  Wasn't it you in the "A new look" thread who
> was quite strongly against wasting your resolution by using a fixed width?
>  IMHO, having one page not fill the available screen space is weird.

Hi Matthew,

Nice try at using my previous posts against me :-) but...

But you will find I was arguing against a fixed size in pixels.

But you will find I also pointed out that large blocks of text should
not exceed a reasonable length which is a size in characters, ie em.
To re-quote the w3c guidelines, blocks of text in web pages should be:

1.4.8 Visual Presentation: For the visual presentation of blocks of
text, a mechanism is available to achieve the following: (Level AAA)

1.  Foreground and background colors can be selected by the user.

2.  Width is no more than 80 characters or glyphs (40 if CJK).

3.  Text is not justified (aligned to both the left and the right margins).

4.  Line spacing (leading) is at least space-and-a-half within
paragraphs, and paragraph spacing is at least 1.5 times larger than
the line spacing.

5.  Text can be resized without assistive technology up to 200 percent
in a way that does not require the user to scroll horizontally to read
a line of text on a full-screen window.

> I guess I can just use the wiki with the Firefox page styles turned off, but
> it looks really plain like this.

Comments about babies and bathwater come to mind :-)