[Geany] Wiki?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jun 3 08:56:19 UTC 2011

> From a design view it would make sense to limit it for every page, but
> done on a global css level. Using a little number of different templates
> might would also make sense. BUT: I'd like to avoid individual styles on
> each page as user's expectations will be some common look and feel on
> whole wiki.

Hi Frank,

To do it for all pages I think all Enrico has to do is create a
conf/userstyle.css (see http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:css#user_styles)
containing body { max-width:40em}

I would agree that limiting styles to just a few defined templates
would be good, thats what I originally wanted to do, but as the reply
to Enrico pointed out, dokuwiki does not allow you to have different
style templates for different parts of the site, the namespace
templates can contain content only, thats why I was looking for
alternate options that didn't open up the HTML risks.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on how
permissive a wiki should be.  My feeling is that the point of a wiki
is to be open to a variety of contents so it should be more permissive
rather than less, especially since as a community we haven't had much
experience with what is better.

Contributors are registered, changes can be reverted and the Geany
community is mostly trustworthy so why not see what happens rather
than lock everything down at the first thing we thought of.  Also if
contributors can't see what different things look like then how are
they to experiment with possible improvements to the style?

> However, will concentrate in content now :)

I will also try to get the images in the build document this weekend,
although the weather looks good and the boss has a long list of
outside jobs, so we'll have to see ;-)