[Geany] Problem (?) with focus in Geany

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Thu Jun 2 01:21:48 UTC 2011

On 2 June 2011 11:15, Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au> wrote:
> Russell Dickenson wrote:
>
>>Sometimes I have found in Geany that after opening a file I can't
>>scroll down. After a few milliseconds I realise that the content pane
>>doesn't have focus so I click on it with the mouse cursor and can then
>>navigate via the keyboard. After this happening once or twice I have
>>realised that the most common occurrence is that the toolbar is
>>focused, so using the up and down arrow keys is navigating through the
>>buttons on the toolbar.
>>
>>Is this how Geany is supposed to behave? If not, has anyone else seen
>>this behaviour?
>
> I see this too, it happens when I open a project and it loads all the
> open files again; focus is on the toolbar. 3 TABs and focus is back in
> the document.
>
> I'm on Fedora 15 x86-64 with Gnome 3 desktop and Geany built from SVN,
> currently r5820, but this was happening to me in past Fedora (14,
> probably also 13) and earlier SVN builds.
> --
> Ross McKay, Toronto NSW Australia
> "Click me, drag me, treat me like an object"

Ross and Lex,

Thanks for your replies. Lex - I'll try to find a sequence of actions
which recreates the problem. Ross - I'm using Geany 0.20 under GNOME 3
but I'll try it also under Xfce and see what happens.

I don't know whether or not this happened at all with previous
versions of Geany.

--
Russell Dickenson