[Geany] [ANN]: Geany Zen Coding Plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jul 10 09:29:14 UTC 2011

On 07/10/11 02:22, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 10.07.2011 04:58, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have made a Zen Coding plugin for Geany supporting 'Expand
>> Abbreviation' and 'Wrap with Abbreviation'. If anyone wants to try it
>> out you can find it here:
>>
>> https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-zencoding
>
> I miss a clear statement about what it does.

It's adds basic Zen Coding[1] support Geany :)

> After looking a bit deeper, it seems to a snippet plugin?
> Can you elaborate what it can do what the built-in snippet supprt can't?
> Also I'm not sure if I'd be happy with "Wrap with Abbreviaten", it seems
> to compensate the lack of cursor position setting to me.

It is a sort of snippet plugin.  The linked web site or a Google search
will yield a better intro than I can provide.

> Otherwise, it's interesting code wise. Do you think you saved a lot of
> work compared to writing it in C or Vala, even with the glue code needed?

Probably.  Plus I wanted to use the existing Zen Coding code rather than
write it myself.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/

Cheers,
Matthew Brush