[Geany] Question about multi-head display issues

Emil Brink emil at xxxxx
Fri Jul 8 10:20:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all!
> i'm quite certain that this is not a Geany bug, but more of a general
> GTK-on-multi-head problem, but i'm guessing that one or two of you might
> know a workaround...
> On multi-head setups, bringing up the Search dialog (or similar) invariably
> places it on the wrong monitor (i.e. a monitor other than the one geany's
> main window is occupying).
> Do any of you know of a GTK/Gnome/whoever option which can force dialogs to
> be shown on the same monitor as their containing application?

I'm away from my home Linux machine now, but this sounds like maybe
Geany doesn't call
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-transient-for
for the Search dialog. That's at least the first thing to investigate.
This is a function call though, not an option you can tweak without
code changes. Perhaps someone developer who actually runs multi-head
knows more ...

Regards,

/Emil