[Geany] GeanyVC lockup

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jul 3 04:34:34 UTC 2011

On 3 July 2011 13:01, Murray Collingwood <murray at focus-computing.com.au> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just had a case where my GeanyVC plugin locked up the CPU when selecting the
> 'Commit' menu option.
>
> I had to manually commit the changes from the command line: "git commit -a"
>
> If this happens again what should I do next time?  Is there some debug
> setting I should use?
> Or are we looking to move to the new git browser plugin being developed?
> Does that have add and commit functionality?

First you should post more information, OS, geany --version, plugin
version, git version etc.

Details of what you were doing, eg local remote repos, which sorts of
file systems, transfer protocols?

What do you mean by "locked up"? 100% cpu, crashed the OS?  did you
try more than once? was it Geany or git, did git even get run at all?

Yes, you can run with gdb, see the hacking file for details.

Without putting words in the respective developers mouths, I
understand that Gitbrowser and GeanyVc are complementary, not
replacements.