[Geany] Can i disable the extra '*' chars in function/class docs?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Thu Jan 27 19:19:03 UTC 2011

Hi, all!

i'm new to Geany, and trying to get used to it (in place of xemac), mainly
for purposes of maintaining PHP and JS code (which emacs can't indent worth
a damn).

i'm finding that when i document my code (which i always do!), geany is
inserting an extra '*' at the start of each line. That is a documentation
convention which i have never been able to sympathize with - it takes up
more space and makes it very painful to reformat the text (or add to it,
since we have to manually handle the word wrapping). i document A LOT, so i
get a bit cranky when my tools get in my way when i'm trying to document.

Can i disable those extra stars? i find them truly painful.

Aside from that: Geany is really impressive. i especially like the etags
import feature. BTW: can i tell the symbol browser to start collapsed
instead of expanded? In C code, with lots of global functions, the
auto-expand behaviour makes it more difficult to find non-function code
(IMO).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/